Considering my brain is on journalism time at the moment and nowhere near the realm of poetry (unless you enjoy poetry about the Oklahoma Sooners, in which case, I have you covered), and also considering I just noticed I’m sitting on 299 posts, I would like my 300th post to be a thank-you to the first writers that followed me here.
I’ve been asked several times to post a crush list, but I will never be able to bring myself to do that. I do not follow anyone whose writing I do not enjoy; therefore, my crush list will always be a bit larger than nine boxes.
That said, there was the nice, round number of 10 writers following me when I first began posting poetry regularly in the winter, and as I was entirely dumbfounded by the fact they were, they’re permanently imprinted in my mind … and heart.
These are gifted writers and beautiful souls without whose encouragement and kindness I would have probably scrapped the whole thing long ago, subsequently not encountered the remainder of you talented writers and lovely people, and been living in a van down by the river. Not so much that last bit, but I’d have been really, really bummed.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart:
For anyone not following them already, that list represents a wonderfully diverse set of styles from the minds of an incredible group of people. Pardon my sentimental sappiness and have a wonderful Friday. :)
- thedailydoodles likes this
- alexkwisner likes this
- huong1952 likes this
- outofherhead likes this
- the-mind-of-rueberry likes this
- supersatellite likes this
- thesealivesinme likes this
- strawberryminefield likes this
- curious-stars likes this
- takingstockofwhatmattersmost likes this
- eternallycoilingserpent said: Wow Brienne. I am speechless. Thank you so much for your heartfelt words. I am honored to have made such an impact and I am happy to see that you are still writing. You are an inspiration to me and I hope you know that. Much, much love. <333
- cat said: yay!
- eternallycoilingserpent likes this
- poetdreamer likes this
- amusealex likes this
- graciouswords likes this
- ambiguous-transparency likes this
- victim-of-convenience posted this